Thursday, July 16, 2009

Four Fantastic Months of Eli


Eli had his four month check up yesterday and it went well. He is currently 16 pounds and 14 ounces, 26 inches long, (both 80 percentile) and his head circumference is in the 75 percentile. So here is how all the developmental questions went:

Question: Is Eli rolling over?
Answer: No
Thought: I never have him on the ground so I really can't answer that.

Question: Is Eli pushing himself up off his t
ummy and holding up his head?
Answer: He can hold his head up well.
Thought: He has NEVER had tummy
time. I totally forgot about that!

Question: Is Eli looking at his hands?
Answer: I think so.
Thought: I never pay attention to that!

Question: Is Eli grasping toys a
nd holding them?
Answer: Not sure.
Thought: I would have had to give him a toy to know that and I haven't done that.

So..... most of Eli's life is spent sitting and watching the world around him! He smiles a ton and loves to talk, squeal, and laugh, but they didn't ask me about those things. So to Eli- I apologize if I have delayed your development because of your lack of exposure, but I truly just love having you sit, talk, and smile at me. He drools like crazy, so much he can cover his chest and belly with liquid. He also chews on his fingers and hand. These are the things I treasure about your at this moment.

On a side note- He is a terrible sleeper at this point. Meaning: he doesn't nap well and likes to wake up at 1 am, 3 am, and 5 am. We are currently working on breaking these habits!

No comments: