Friday, March 12, 2010

Elisha's First Birthday!


Today we celebrate Elisha Louis. We love him more than we could ever express, but we will attempt to put our feelings into words....

Elated to have you as our boy.
Love to hear your sweet sounds, your loud voice, the laughter that shakes your belly and the way you get so excited about things in life.
In one year you have learned to laugh, smile, clap, crawl, stand on your own, say daddy, mommy papa & uh-oh, grow six teeth, eaten tons of dirt and one snail, wave good-bye, make funny faces, throw lots of objects, push around cars, climb up anything you can get your let up to, eat all types of food, and many more triumphs.
Seeing you smile, laugh, and play with your brother is such a joy. You LOVE your brother more than anyone and would follow him everywhere if you could.
Happiness is what you give us. The way you scrunch up your face and smile at us to let us know you are happy is too special. I love the way you bob up and down when music is playing, your little way of dancing. I also love the way you lean to the side to get our attention.
Around people is where you want to be. Never alone, in a party is where you prefer to hang. Always wanting to be at my feet or in my arms.


Loud is how I would describe you. Loud when you talk. Loud in the way you love. Loud in the way you love life.
One of a kind. You are my Eli. My special boy. The one I love so deeply and want to squish in my pocket and take you everywhere with me. You are my squishy!
Utterly adorable. So beautiful. Your kissable cheeks, your green/brown eyes, your long body, your ticklish tummy, pits, arms...body, your soft skin, your little hands and feet that I wish I could just keep the way they are today.
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!
Snuggler. Always wanting to be close. You would sleep with your head on my head if you could.

A few things about you and thoughts of you. You are a special gift from God. Given to us. I pray that we can love you the way you need, correct you when the need arises, strengthen you, help you grow, guide you in a Godly way, and one day you will go and serve God with your whole life and heart. I cannot wait to see all the amazing thing you will do and the plans the Lord has for your life.

We love you- Mommy & Daddy

No comments: